Know The Facts:
- 1/3 of all independently living Canadian Seniors experience at least one fall each year.
- Every 10 minutes in Ontario at least one senior
will visit the Emergency Department after a fall.
- Every 30 minutes in Ontario at least one senior will be admitted to the hospital due to a fall.
- The fall related injury rate is 9 times greater in seniors in comparison to those less than 65 years of age.
- Medications used to treat Alzheimer’s patients also predisposes them to fainting/falling.
- Falls cause 90% hip fractures.
- Families find it difficult to care for someone following a fall and 40% of all long term care admissions are fall related.
- Following a fall, people, may lose their confidence, limit participation in meaningful functional activities and this may lead to social withdrawal, functional and health decline, future falls and more serious negative consequences.
Your browser does not support iframes. The contact form cannot be displayed. Please use another contact method (phone, fax etc)